#makevember recap

Here is what I made in Makevember: There are 32 pictures here, because I made two things on each of two days; the picture for Thanksgiving is itself a collage because I made about seven things. I mostly tried to make things from start to finish within a single day, though there were a few … More #makevember recap

#makevember 28: Impossible cylinder

This is another illusion by Kokichi Sugihara. There’s an explanation of the geometry involved in David Richeson, “Sugihara’s Impossible Cylinder”, Math Horizons, September 2016, 18–19, and a pattern for making one out of paper at https://www.maa.org/sites/default/files/pdf/horizons/RichesonImpossibleCylinder.pdf which I adapted for this.