I’m doing 30 Days of Creativity again. For the first week:
- Day 1: “Halting Problem”, a generative study on two notes, made using (a demo version of) Nodal driving GarageBand. MP3: Halting Problem
- Day 2: Paper cube structure. Three cubes linked together, made from strips of paper… no cutting (beyond cutting the strips), glue, or tape. I used some unneeded printouts from my job.
- Day 3: Photo: “Posting Comments”.
- Day 4: Some music. Quick and dirty. MP3: Day 4.
- Day 5: Sonobe “stellated octahedron”. From “Modular Origami Polyhedra” by Simon, Arnstein, and Gurkewitz. Technically not a stellation of the octahedron, which would be a stella octangula: an octahedron with a regular tetrahedron added to each face. Nor is it a triakis octahedron, which has an obtuse triangular pyramid on each face. I’m not sure what a correct name for it is.
- Day 6: Pentagonal knots in a strip of paper.
- Day 7: “Oh Sinner Man”, duet for trumpet and bass clarinet.