Quoting one of my goals for 2010:
Create cool things.
The “cool” threshold is fairly low here. I’m not talking about making a working ukulele out of Legos or anything that ambitious. A pot of mac and cheese wouldn’t count, though a particularly inspired meal might. The Weird Sound Generator would count; so would the amp I’m working on, which is a really simple project but will be an achievement for me. Non physical creations, like a new piece of music or video, would count too.
- Papercraft: Model of the ISS, geodesic domes, Yoshimoto cube, compound of five octahedra ornament
- Brewing: Brown ale, cider (not yet bottled), Solstice Spice ale (not entirely successful)
- Electronics: Tea tin amplifier, Atari Punk Photoconsole, portable instrument amplifier
- Food: Some pizzas, chicken korma, a couple of chicken baltis, some excellent ice cream, gingerbread house (with Kenny and Heather)
- Music: Arrangement of “Cantique de Nöel”
- Other: Electric motor (with Kenny and Heather), bounty hunter and Tony Stark costumes, creative kumite, Lego ornament