Last week I finally scored a free dead computer — a semi stripped HP Pavilion 304w — and now I’ve made more progress with my portable instrument amplifier project. I’m following an idea presented in 62 Projects to Make with a Dead Computer, and using the power supply enclosure as a case. I took the innards out — carefully, some big caps in there — except for the some stuff connected to the switch and power socket, which I’ll remove later, and the fan, which I’ll replace with a speaker once I find one the right size. The one I trash picked in June is too large, so I’ll have to keep an eye out for something smaller. Or I could buy one, but that’d be no fun.