(Recreation and fitness)
- Blue belt done
- Brown belt
Climb an Adirondack high peakdone x 2
- Complete my electronics project (the WSG)
- Rewrite polarimeter software
- Complete next experiment (HAPPEX-III) progress
- Repair house exterior
- Reduce debt y y n n y n n y? – – – – / N?
(y(n) means we did (did not) meet my specific debt reduction goal in the given month; final Y(N) means we have (have not) met my goal cumulatively in the months so far)
- Purple belt second tip
- Blue belt
- Rewrote Compton polarimeter decoder software
- Blue belt first tip
- Recovered from pneumonia
- Performed at Gilbertsville, Syracuse May Day, Cortland May Day, Oneida Plant a Row for the Hungry garden, Sudz tour in CT/MA
- Got rid of Stairway to Nowhere and much other trash and yard waste
- Blue belt second tip
- Green belt
- Replaced basement door
- Cleared brush growth near Bilco door
- Polarization measurement with new electron detector
- Finished removal of concrete hazard to navigation
- Green belt first tip
- Climbed two Adirondack high peaks
- Organized shed
Ah, August. Definitely a month for not getting things done. Especially if you’re 500 miles out of town. No new goals completed, or even much in the way of progress on any of them except for the one that’s the reason for being out of town. Victories? Have there been any?
Once again, higher priorities have put the electron detector software rewrite on hold. Priorities like actually taking data, and getting the photon detector analysis working.
Not much work done on the house. Study is still half painted.
I’m not on top of the finances, being where I am. Heather paid the bills, though, and from what she told me I’m guessing we met or exceeded this month’s goal — maybe even made up part or all of the shortfall for the year. I’m also guessing next month will be back in the not-quite category. But Heather’s starting a new job that pays more, and she’s getting pay for unused vacation at the old job, so maybe not.